The mission of the American Nicaraguan School is to provide an innovative and dynamic education so that our students realize their full leadership potential, achieve academic excellence, and make meaningful and ethical contributions to a global society.
- Global Awareness
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Innovation & Creativity
- Respect for Self & Others
- Environmental Stewardship
- Social Responsibility
- Self respect and respect for others are necessary for a healthy community.
- Accepting and appreciating diversity is essential for the full development of an individual.
- All individuals are responsible for their actions.
- Learning is a lifelong experience.
- Honesty is essential for the building of trusting relationships.
- In basic democratic values and equal rights for all.
- In an individual’s right to a safe environment.
- Families which provide love, acceptance, and discipline are fundamental to the development of a caring society.
- Individuals must achieve their full potential.
- Everyone must work towards the betterment of society.
PARAMETERS TO THE ANS MISSION:
- We will not initiate or support programs and services that do not contribute to the achievement of our mission.
- We will not tolerate behaviors that interfere with the learning process or jeopardize the emotional and physical safety of members of the school community.
- We will not accept mediocrity from any member of our school community.