August 21st, 2015
Dear ANS Parents,
We would like to inform you that, as of this year, the voting process for the Board of Directors and Vote Counting Committee elections will be electronic. The contact parent or guardian of each family will receive a link by email, where he/she will access the electoral ballot.
The link will be available for voting as of 7:05 am on Friday, August 28th, and will expire at 2:05 pm on Wednesday, September 2nd, the official day of the elections. Computers will be available in the Library on the voting days.
The positions to be filled this year are as follows:
1 Vacancy for a position on the Board of Directors as US Citizen
1 Vacancy for a position on the Board of Directors as Nicaraguan Citizen
1 Vacancy for a position on the Board of Directors as Citizen of Any Nationality
5 Vacancies for the Vote Counting Committee (any nationality)
Attached please find the candidates’ profiles.
- Only the families that have met their financial obligations to the school will have the right to one (1) vote per family.
- Each ballot will be linked to one email address per family.
- The vote is personal, voluntary, and secret.
- Candidates’ names will appear in alphabetical order.
- On Election Day, no campaigns will be allowed, inside or outside of the school.
- Candidates will not be allowed to use banners or give presents/gifts during campaigns. Candidates may, however, make phone calls and have activities in private places (at homes).
- Once voting is closed, the Vote Counting Committee will go to the IT Director’s Office to retrieve the results from the system and verify the votes. Only Vote Counting Committee Members will be allowed to verify the votes.
- An observer for each candidate will be allowed to watch the vote verification process.
- The Vote Counting Committee will inform all parents of the names of the winning candidates.