National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society is an organization that gathers students from grades 7– 9 committed to excellence. The pillars of the National Honor Society are Scholarship, Character, Service, Leadership, and Citizenship.
The National Junior Honor Society holds weekly meetings. Currently, our Chapter performs community service activities and supports the school administration, the Student Council, as well as other school student organizations in their efforts to improve the school and the community at large.
Every chapter of the National Junior Honor Society is permitted to modify the requirements of the parent organization to fulfill the chapter’s needs, so long as these are not lower than the national standards.
At ANS, we allow students to apply for membership directly. An independent Faculty Council is charged with reviewing the applications and recommending their acceptance or rejection. In accordance with our standards for membership, the following is required:
- A complete application form;
- A two-page essay, maximum, on why the student wants to join the Society;
- Two teacher recommendations as per the application form;
- An interview with the Faculty Council may be required.
In order to be considered to the society, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher;
- Be involved in community service, either with ANS or outside organizations;
- Exhibit leadership qualities and experience;
- Possess personal high character and dignity.
|Mary Elsie Durán (President)||Lizette Ahlers (Vice-President)||Marcell Paguaga (Secretary)|
|José Andrés Chang (Treasurer)||Juan Carlos Guerra (Parliamentarian)|
|Christian Adler||Alfredo Artiles||Hunter Davis||Massiel Flores|
|Andrés Galvis||Mariana Jiménez||Ji-Eun Kim||Marcella Martínez|
|Camila Mencía||Estefanía Millán|
|Juan Carlos Argüello||Natalie Blandón||Felipe Caldera||Alejandra García|
|Gabriella Lanzas||Guillermo Maltes||Andrea Marenco||Ramiro Ortiz|
|Ana Torres||Junieth Vargas|